How to Login
In order to view most pages on the GEP wiki, you must first login to your user account. Below are some of the common questions about the login procedure.
How to Login
Accounts can only be created by the GEP staff. Once you join the GEP, you will receive your account information via email.
- Click on "Log in/create account" at the top right corner
- Enter your username and password
- Click on "Log in"
If you encounter problems when you try to login, please contact the wiki administrator at wleung<AT>artsci<DOT>wustl<DOT>edu
If you forgot your password, you should send an email to the wiki administrator at wleung<AT>artsci<DOT>wustl<DOT>edu to reset your password. Note that the same user name and password are used for the GEP wiki, GEP forum, and the Project Management System.
If you check the box Remember me when you login, the GEP wiki should automatically recognize you when you use the same computer to access the GEP wiki in the future.
Why Require Login?
- Other users will be able to recognize you and the pages you have changed or created
- Only registered users can mark edits as minor
- Only registered users can rename pages
- You can setup your own watch list to automatically keep track of pages you are interested in
Problems with Login
In order to login successfully, your web browser must accept cookies from the GEP wiki. GEP wiki is based on mediawiki - the same software that powers wikipedia. Cookies are used by the GEP wiki to store your session information after you login.
How to Logout
- Click on "Log out" at the top right corner of the page