Green clones

Ask questions about sequence improvement / finishing D. mojavensis projects here.
ksaville

Green clones

Post by ksaville » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi

We'll be claimimg some project in the next week or two. As of now there are no green clones. Will there be any new ones added or should we just go with what's there?

Ken

cshaffer

Green clones

Post by cshaffer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:21 pm

yes all the green clones have been claimed twice. Some of the easy yellows are really not that much more difficult so you could check out some of those.

There are some clones that got claimed twice last year but we did not get back two submissions. We had planned on putting these back in the pipeline soon. I am not sure exactly how many there are. What are your needs and when do you need them? We can expedite this if needed.

ksaville

Post by ksaville » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I have ten students. I recall that it's recommennded that two students work on the same clone, if so I'll need to claim 5. If it's better to have them each work on a different clone then I'll need 10. We will probably start working on these next thursday (Feb 14)

K

cshaffer

green clones

Post by cshaffer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:30 pm

OK

I will see what we have in the pipeline.

As to # of students per clone, that is up to you, different schools do different things. I would just say its better if a smaller number of clones are completely finished than having a larger number that get improved a little but are not finished.